Program Habitat Kusta Hebat
Habitat Kusta Hebat (HKH) is a dream for a decent and independent life in people with leprosy. The dream is not likely to be realized if it does not start with a great imagination.
Starting with a concern, dr.Muherman Harun was inspired to raise the dignity of people affected by leprosy who for centuries lived in poverty, marginalized, and got a lot of negative stigma.
- Persons affected by Leprosy and any other person share the same universal human dignity, regardless of sex, religion or socio-economic status.
- The persons affected by Leprosy should be helped and guided towards achieving universal human dignity.
- There should be no limit for providing help and guidance to the persons affected by Leprosy towards that end.
- Explore and secure any existing commodities, sources and resources from the government or other agency for the community affected by Leprosy.
- Provide any needs/life necessities for the persons affected by Leprosy for the sole purpose of becoming an excellent prototype of how a community of persons affected by Leprosy, if empowered, can achieve self-reliance, standing on their own feet.
- In the future, persons affected by Leprosy should be able to market their excellent products for the benefit of the people beyond their habitat.
We are fully convinced that HKH when coordinated professionally through community empowerment of persons affected by leprosy towards total self-reliance, to eliminate the centuries olden stigma as well as the myth of leprosy in the future.
We wish to empower them. Helping people affected by leprosy to find their self-esteem. So much so that people would respect them even if they are people affected by leprosy. We wish these people eventually regain their human dignity which is so inherent to every individual, regardless of their sex, race, faith or socio-economic status.
WE NEED YOUR HELP
How we want to give all we have to make this project successful but we still direly need your help which will make this project unique. Any amount you can spend, would be most welcome. We wish this project may serve as a model in dealings with durable assistance to people affected by leprosy.
A DECENT HOUSE
They deserve a decent house and a garden. And to assist them in various endeavours, such as lifelihood projects, all sustainable. Their products should have excellent marketing values for facilitating supplies to nearby city. These activities should help them, to help themselves, aiming at self-reliance to finally stand on their own feet!
In the past, most persons affected by leprosy earn their living by begging alms at various busiest corners of the streets. Due to their fate and appearance, kindhearted people would give some little or more than little funds. Others may pledge contributions periodically. For how long? Aren’t these people doomed to beg until the end of their lives?
Our Plan Of Actions
The principal activities are carried out by a Community Organizer, assisted by experienced and capable assistants (experts) in their various fields:
- Construction worker to build houses incl. garden & fence
- Agrarian to select the ideal location of land for the houses to be built and for agriculture/cultivation/breeding as needed.
- Agriculturist to select and prepare fertile soil, irrigation, assist the persons affected by leprosy to use the land, selecting those products with highest marketing value.
- Expert in animal husbandry to help select the best ways to successfully breed livestock locally.
- Fisheries expert to help select and advise for successful land-(ponds) and sea fisheries.
- Marketing expert to advise on the procurement of products with the highest market value.
- Others still to be mentioned.